Spandrel Back Pans
Back Pans are substructure components used in curtain-wall systems either behind a metal panel or spandrel glass.
They can provide insulation, fire safety, thermal and moisture protection.
Typically, they are used by Glass and Glazing trades and are sealed and attached to the curtainwall frame behind opaque glazing areas.
- Designed to minimize field installation time
- 20 (0.040”) & 22 (0.034”) gauge galvanized steel
(other material if specified)
- Variety of depths from 1" to 8”
- Typically insulated with semi-rigid mineral wool,
thickness depends on size and depth of pan
- Insulation held in place with stick pins (±1 p/sqft)
- All corners are tabbed, spot welded and sealed
- Stiffeners can be integrated into
panel design if specified
Download Spec Sheets: